Is it possible for pregnant women to eat walnuts and how they are useful
During pregnancy, every expectant mother is interested in the question of proper nutrition, the ratio of products and their quantity. Nuts are a very healthy product that has a valuable chemical composition. But overeating with this product can cause negative consequences.
Can walnuts be pregnant
Many doctors note that walnuts should be consumed during pregnancy, especially in the early stages. During the laying and formation of all systems of the child’s body, the ratio of useful substances in products is extremely important.
Important! This product cannot be thermally processed, because the fats included in its composition, when heated, turn into poison.
During the first trimester of pregnancy, the child actively develops the nervous system. Its early development is determined by the presence in the diet of beneficial fatty acids and vitamin B9, which are found in large quantities in nut kernels. If a woman during this period consumes a sufficient amount of them, the child will have excellent memory and mental abilities. In the first trimester of gestation, you can afford to eat up to 10-12 kernels per day.
Calcium and phosphorus are the elements that a child needs to form the musculoskeletal system. It is the skeleton and muscle tissue that are actively formed during the second trimester of pregnancy. If an insufficient amount of these elements comes with food, then the maternal organism takes them from its own resources.
This leads to weakening of tooth enamel, bone pain, poor condition of the hair and skin of the mother. Walnut is a source of calcium and phosphorus, which prevents the negative consequences of a lack of these elements. In the second trimester, you can consume up to 5-7 pieces per day.
Did you know? In addition to the fruits of walnut, leaves, partitions and peels are also used for medicinal purposes. Therefore, the plant is called the "tree of life."
In the third trimester, it is necessary to limit the use of this product, since during this period they contribute to weight gain, which is undesirable for the skeleton of a woman. Doctors also recommend controlling the amount of vegetable and animal protein in food, especially in the late stages of gestation. In the third trimester, eat up to 4-5 pieces of peeled kernels.
Vitamin composition of walnuts
The benefits of walnuts during pregnancy are proven by many years of experience of doctors. Substances that make up nuts:
- amino acids, including essential ones (for example: asparagine, methionine, valine), improve the metabolism of the mother and child;
- polyunsaturated fatty acids (for example: omega-3), are important for the proper functioning of the stomach and intestines and maintain water balance;
- vitamins (A, B, C, E) are responsible for immunity, strength of teeth, bones, skin and hair, improve mood and physical condition of the body as a whole;
- trace elements (silicon, copper, zinc, phosphorus, calcium, etc.) restore energy resources, the presence of such elements in the body of a pregnant woman is necessary to strengthen the skeleton, which is experiencing increased physical activity, as well as in many biochemical processes;
- phytosterols (in large quantities are part of walnuts) reduce blood cholesterol and cleanse blood vessels, prevent the occurrence of heart and nervous system diseases.
Did you know? Eating enough Vitamin C promotes a good figure and improves the condition of the external integument of a woman. It is called the "vitamin of beauty". It is also an antioxidant and antidepressant.
The integrated action of vital substances determines the normal state of human health, and maximum usefulness is achieved when they are correctly correlated in food. During pregnancy and lactation, an additional intake is necessary.
Nuts should be eaten in sufficient quantities, but not exceeding the permissible norms.
- The benefits they will bring to a pregnant:
- normalization of the state of the cardiovascular system, reducing the risk of clogging of blood vessels;
- antispasmodic effect relieves a headache, which is especially important for expectant mothers, since they are forbidden most of the remedies for vasospasm, eat 3-4 kernels with honey to solve the problem;
- thanks to this product, you can get rid of insomnia, relieve stress, and also improve attention and memory;
- a nutty snack will quench cravings for sweets;
- the diuretic effect of nuts relieves swelling and removes excess fluid from the mother's body;
- a mixture of nuts, honey and lemon juice increases hemoglobin levels;
- the combination of this product with raisins strengthens the heart muscle;
- the presence of iodine protects against thyroid diseases.
Walnuts for lactation
The exact effect (benefit or harm) of this product on the composition of milk during lactation and feeding has not been determined. It is clear that walnuts increase the fat content and viscosity of breast milk. This improves nutritional value, but too viscous milk is more difficult to excrete. With lactation, you can use no more than 5 cores per day.
Important! Store whole kernels in an unlit and cool place. If you have peeled kernels, they can be stored in a freezer in a carefully closed container. Do not allow moisture.
Harm and contraindications
In the presence of a unique valuable composition in walnuts, they can cause various side effects and allergies, especially with their uncontrolled use. If a person has any disorders of the gastrointestinal tract or hormonal system, you should find out from the doctor the number and time when they can be eaten. Some women have contraindications for this product.
- The consequences that can be when using a large number of cores:
- a nut due to a high concentration of proteins can cause severe allergies;
- the components of this product can irritate the mucous membranes, which leads to ulcers, rashes in the mouth and redness of the tonsils.
The preparation of salads, creams, oils and tinctures from this product allows you to reduce and eliminate the side effects that occur when you use it raw. Here are some of the most popular recipes.
Also learn about the effects of cherries and ginger on pregnant women.
In order to prepare a vitamin salad you will need: apples - 2-3 pcs., pears - 2-3 pcs. (it is advisable to take soft ones), walnut fruits - 250 g (you can chop or grind in a blender), add honey as desired. Fruits will need to be washed, peeled, and seeds removed. In the blender, beat the mashed fruits, add nuts and honey. This salad can be prepared twice a week and eat at any time of gestation.
in pregnant women can be prepared from the following ingredients: lemon zest (crushed) - 50 g, honey - to taste, walnuts (crushed) - 50 g. Mix lemon zest and nuts, add honey and mix well. Use this remedy for 1 tsp. per day, breaking the entire amount into 4 doses.
For a honey-nut treatment cream, cook walnuts - 2 tbsp., dried fruits (raisins, dried apricots) - 1/2 tbsp., honey - 1 tbsp., butter - 70 g, cocoa (or 70% chocolate) - to taste.Pour dried fruit first with hot water. Mash the butter and beat with cocoa. Mix thoroughly the mass of all the ingredients, adding honey. Keep the product in the refrigerator for one week. Every day, take 3 hours separately or in a mixture with cereals, salads or tea.
Walnuts are a valuable food supplement in which there are a large number of proteins, vitamins, trace elements and fatty acids necessary for the development of the child, especially in the first stages of the prenatal period, as well as the health of the mother. Follow some precautions so as not to harm your health. With the help of a doctor, choose the right menu and recipes with nuts.