Walnut leaves: how to dry and for what purpose to use
Eating walnuts will not surprise anyone, but the use of culture leaves for preparing infusions and decoctions inside is a much more interesting fact. Like the fruits of the plant, these parts contain a large supply of vitamins and minerals, which, with proper preparation and use of leaf plates, can solve many problems of the human body. What exactly are the beneficial characteristics of walnut leaves and how to prepare medicinal formulations based on them - read on in the article.
Many components of the chemical composition of walnut leaves are also present in its shell, which is also often used in the creation of alcohol tinctures.
The main valuable substances in both cases are:
- vitamins A, C, E, PP, B8, B1;
- tannin compounds;
- ether compounds;
- coffee, ellagic, halus organic acids;
- minerals (manganese, zinc, iodine, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium).
In addition, a large supply of ascorbic acid is hidden in the walnut leaves, the amount of which increases with the growth of the plate until about the middle of the growing season (on average until the end of July). Also found here is the substance yuglon, which has an antitumor effect.
Did you know? Walnut shells are used for the manufacture of activated and conventional coal, which will be useful for heating industrial premises and residential buildings.
Medicinal properties and application in traditional medicine
Given the wide range of different chemical components, it is not surprising that walnut leaves are used to solve a variety of problems, providing anti-inflammatory, tonic, restorative, diuretic, choleretic and bactericidal action.
- Such opportunities explain the appropriateness of using leaf plates to eliminate the following disorders of the normal functioning of the human body:
- reduced immunity (in particular, after transferred viral ailments);
- body depletion due to frequent physical and emotional disorders;
- inflammatory processes in various organs (for example, cystitis, pyelonephritis, skin lesions, furunculosis);
- gynecological ailments (especially uterine bleeding or leucorrhoea);
- unwanted hormonal changes;
- diseases of the urinary system (in particular, urolithiasis, kidney and bladder problems);
- joint ailments (rheumatism, gout);
- pulmonary diseases (tuberculosis, hemoptysis);
- helminthic invasion;
- dermatological problems (urticaria, skin tuberculosis, acne, eczema, various types of lichen).
Before using the leaves for medicinal purposes, you should consult your doctor, especially if there is a tendency to allergic reactions or it is difficult to predict the further course of an existing ailment.
In addition, infusions and decoctions from walnut leaves often help with inflammation of the organs of hearing, and to eliminate the problem, it is enough to drip 3 drops of juice from the greenery of the culture into the ear canal daily.
Harm and contraindications
Despite the enormous benefits of decoctions and infusions based on these raw materials, one should never forget about possible side effects and contraindications to their use. First of all, we are talking about the tendency of the body to allergic manifestations and individual intolerance to the constituent components of walnut leaves.However, there are other conditions in which the use of infusions and decoctions is extremely undesirable.
- First of all, it is:
- stomach ulcer and / or duodenal ulcer;
- gastritis, accompanied by an increase in acidity;
- chronic colitis;
- gastrointestinal tract diseases in acute course;
- increased blood coagulation;
- migraine and a tendency to frequent headaches;
- the period of pregnancy and lactation in women.
By and large, all these contraindications concern only the means for oral administration, but ointments and other formulations with nut leaves for external use have practically no side effects, however, in this case, you should consult a dermatologist in advance (if the skin already has damage or any ailment is progressing).
The method of preparing medicinal infusions or decoctions, as well as the scheme for their further use, directly depends on the purpose of use and the characteristics of the existing disease. In general, there are several main forms of medicinal formulations based on a walnut leaf: alcoholic tinctures, decoctions, pure juice, lotion liquid and bathroom additives. Each of them has its own cooking features.
To create an alcoholic tincture of walnut leaves and vodka, you must perform the following steps:
- Dry clean leaf plates and pour them with vodka in a ratio of 1:10.
- Insist the mixture for 10-15 days and filter the liquid through cheesecloth folded into several layers.
- Pour the finished tincture into a clean and tightly closed glass jar, and then use 6-8 drops four times a day (for convenience, you can dilute the healing liquid in a small amount of water). The course of use is 14 days, during which the work of the digestive tract should normalize and the pain in the stomach should disappear.
For a general strengthening of the body, elimination of the manifestations of vitamin deficiency and various inflammatory processes, it is possible to prepare a non-alcoholic infusion of 1 tbsp. tablespoons of dried and chopped leaves and 1 cup of boiled water, infused for an hour. Ready and strained composition should be taken 1-2 teaspoons three times a day before meals. This option is suitable for children over the age of five.
Walnut leaf decoction
Decoctions of walnut leaves are the most popular way to obtain the desired medicine, and the choice of a specific recipe for its preparation depends on the purpose of use, so you should pay attention to several options.
Important! Leafy walnut broth has a strong diuretic effect, so when planning a course of treatment with its use, it is worth waiting for a vacation.
When replenishing in the mouth or throat, it is better to use a decoction with a higher concentration of the main raw material: it is desirable to use 2 tbsp. For 250 ml of water. tablespoons of chopped leaves. After boiling the mixture, it is removed from the heat and insisted for an hour, in order to further strain through gauze. The finished medicine perfectly helps against helminthic invasion, and can also be used as an external remedy for getting rid of acne and furunculosis.
Green leaf juice
This version of the healing potion is not in vain considered the most readily available, because it does not require much time for preparation, but its field of use is quite extensive: the liquid can be taken internally, and can be used to moisten tampons and gauze dressings for external use (relevant in the treatment of psoriasis, furunculosis eczema, depriving).
The sequence of all cooking steps will be as follows:
- From all the collected sheets, select only the juiciest and green ones, immediately removing the yellowish and damaged specimens.
- Rinse the prepared raw materials and grind them in a blender until gruel appears.
- Squeeze juice out of it.
An ointment of dried and chopped walnut leaves is relevant for eliminating skin problems like furunculosis or burns.
It can be prepared according to the following scheme:
- 35 g of crushed and dried raw materials must be filled with 200 g of corn oil and, after thorough mixing, kept in a dry room for at least a week (the optimum temperature in the room is + 17 ... + 22 ° C).
- Heat the finished workpiece in a water bath and, filtering through cheesecloth 2-3 times, return back for another 20-30 minutes.
- Dilute the finished product with 30 g of wax and mix thoroughly.
The affected area is treated with a thick layer of ointment 2-3 times a day, after which there is a rapid healing of burns, festering wounds and even the elimination of signs of skin cancer. Of course, in severe conditions, external preparations alone will not be enough, therefore it is better to use walnut ointment only as an auxiliary drug, in the absence of direct contraindications to its use.
Baths with a decoction of walnut leaves will also be relevant in the presence of skin problems or simply as a general restorative. To prepare such a bath, 400 g of sheet plates are poured into 1 liter of boiled water and, after 15 minutes of infusion, the mixture is poured into the collected bath. The ideal water temperature for immersing a person is + 37 ... + 38 ° C, and the residence time in it should not exceed 15 minutes.
The sedative effect of such a bath is explained by the ingestion of free coumarins and some other similar constituents in the lungs of the walnut leaves, so you should not abuse this method of treating eczema and furunculosis: the regularity of bathing should not exceed 1 time in 2-3 days.
Did you know? The aromatic substances present in walnut leaves can be used for fishing. So, the Caucasian mountaineers for luring trout crumple sheet leaves in their hands and throw them into the water, after which the fish immobilizes and floats to the surface of the reservoir.
With the help of lotions on the basis of walnut leaves, it is possible to quickly get rid of the manifestations of an allergic reaction, acne, eczema, lichen, ulcers of various origins and some other skin problems.
A liquid for wetting cotton or gauze swabs can be prepared according to one of the above recipes for tinctures and decoctions, after which it is good to soak a compress fabric and fix it in the damaged place overnight. In case of depriving on the skin, it is worth leaving a compress for a day, moistening it if necessary.
Raw Material Harvesting Rules
Proper harvesting of walnut leaves is the first priority for obtaining high-quality infusion or decoction to eliminate various problems of the human body. The collection of sheet plates is best done in late May or early June, when they have not yet fully grown, but have already accumulated the maximum number of useful components.
To create medicinal compounds, only 3-5 extreme leaves from each branch are best suited, and before drying they should be with petioles. To achieve the highest quality drying, all the raw materials are laid out in a thin layer on previously prepared clean paper, trying to organize a uniform distribution of sunlight on the surface.
After a while on one side, it is worth turning the leaf blades to the other so that black spots do not appear on them, indicating the loss of most of the useful properties of the sheets.After thorough drying, it remains only to fold the finished raw materials into a fabric bag or glass jar and use as necessary. The maximum shelf life of such a workpiece is 2 years.
With the right approach to choosing a prescription for a healing potion and responsible preparation of all the constituent ingredients, there is every chance to get a high-quality finished product that will certainly help eliminate various problems of the skin and internal organs of the human body. The main thing is to observe the dosage and the recommended regularity of use.