A delicious recipe for buckwheat with champignons
Buckwheat porridge with mushrooms is an old recipe of Russian national cuisine. There are many ways to make buckwheat: it is boiled and stewed, recipes are complemented by meat, vegetables and mushrooms. You can cook it in a slow cooker and clay pots. Buckwheat porridge can be seasoned with oil, sour cream, all kinds of sauces. This is a hearty and versatile dish. The article provides recipes for making buckwheat with mushrooms, as well as onions and carrots.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
Mushrooms for cooking should be selected whole and fresh, they should not be rotten. A sure sign of fresh champignons is a whole film that connects the hat and leg. Then the mushrooms must be washed. Canned champignons purchased at the store are also suitable. If the mushrooms are wet and slippery, then the expiration date has already expired. Such mushrooms cannot be bought and eaten.
But it is better to preserve the mushrooms on their own to make sure they are fresh and properly processed. Sort buckwheat, removing specks and excess impurities. Rinse by draining water several times. Peel and rinse vegetables under running water.
Buckwheat and champignon recipe
greens (dill, parsley)
sweet yellow pepper
ground black pepper
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Pour a glass of water into a pan with washed buckwheat and leave it on fire until it boils.
- After boiling, reduce heat. Cover the pan with a small opening for steam to leave, and cook over low heat until the water boils completely.
- While buckwheat is cooked, chop the onion in half rings. To prevent eyes from watering from onion juice, you can periodically dip the knife into a glass of water.
- Cut the champignons into large slices, about 6-8 pieces, as the mushrooms are reduced when frying.
- Pour oil into a heated pan, add mushrooms and onions. Canned mushrooms do not need to be fried. They can be added to the finished buckwheat porridge along with onion frying.
- Salt and leave to fry over low heat. Fry until the mushrooms have a golden hue. Stir occasionally.
- While frying is preparing, you can prepare decoration for the dish. With peppers, cut off the skin and cut it into thin straws.
- Pour it into a container of ice water.
- Dice the remaining pepper. Then add it to the boiled buckwheat and mix.
- Finely chop the parsley and dill and add it to the buckwheat.
- Add spices to the prepared roasting of onions and mushrooms. Next, you need to arrange the dish. To do this, pour buckwheat into a deep large plate, make a recess in the center and put mushrooms with onions in it. Sprinkle pepper with straws on top. Then garnish with parsley leaves. Buckwheat and champignon lunch is ready!
Important! Before cooking buckwheat, it can be fried in a well-dried pan.Then it will be friable and fragrant.
With onions and carrots
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Pour two glasses of water into a pan with washed buckwheat and cook slowly until cooked. In order for the buckwheat to be steamed well during cooking, the pan must be covered with a lid.
- Then peeled and washed onions need to be cut into small cubes.
- Heat the pan, add oil and pour onion. Cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the onion is fried until golden, add sliced carrots. Fry also for about five minutes.
- Then cover the pan with a lid, reduce the heat and simmer the roasting for about five more minutes.
- Pour the finished buckwheat into the vegetable frying, add 3 tbsp. l butter and chopped garlic, cover and simmer for three minutes. Buckwheat, onion and carrot dish ready! It can be served as a side dish for meat or meatballs.
Did you know? Buckwheat helps improve sleep quality. Pads filled with its husk will help in the fight against insomnia.
Buckwheat porridge can be cooked as a main dish or side dish. It is interesting to experiment with it, adding elements of jewelry. The method of preparing buckwheat porridge is selected according to preferences. It is cooked in a slow cooker or the old fashioned way - in pots.
Sugar can not be combined with buckwheat, since it deprives this cereal of useful substances.
You can also just cook. It goes well with vegetables and different varieties of mushrooms. Absolutely any kind of meat is suitable for buckwheat: pork, poultry, beef.It is also added to soups. Recipes of hearty and fragrant buckwheat porridge diversify the menu, create a cozy atmosphere in the house and delight loved ones.