Description and application features of the fungus
The rowan poplar belongs to little-known edible mushrooms that bear fruit together in places where there are poplar plantings. The mushroom is characterized by remarkable taste and multifaceted biological composition, due to which it is widely used in medicine. What does a rowman look like, where does it grow and what is its benefit - further in the article.
Where does mushroom grow and what does mushroom look like?
Ryadovka poplar, other name - sandpiper, clerk, poplar - conditionally edible mushroom, which is a member of the Ryadovkov family, the genus Ryadovok. The zone of its greatest distribution is considered the European part of the Russian Federation, Siberia. Mushrooms grow in large colonies, mainly under poplars, in deciduous forests where aspens predominate, in park areas, along plantings and forest glades..
Fruiting occurs during the period from the second half of August to the end of October. The experts recommend collecting mushrooms until the hat has opened, because at this time the flesh is quite dense, not subject to attack by worms and insects.
It is logical to begin the description of the topolivka with its appearance. As the photo shows, the mushroom has a rather large hat, 6–12 cm in diameter, which at a young age has a hemispherical, slightly convex shape with pinkish-brown colored edges bent inward. In the process of growth, the surface of the cap is slightly straightened, becoming more fleshy. In wet weather, the surface is covered with mucus.
The clerk has a fleshy, small leg in the shape of a cylinder. The structure is fibrous, smooth, with a scaly-flaky coating, white with a slight shade of pinkish or pinkish-brown. The pulp is quite soft, fleshy texture, white, characterized by the presence of a delicate smell of flour.
Important! The taste of rowing depends on what kind of trees it grows under. If under the aspen, then the taste is delicate, pleasant, without bitterness. The mushroom that grows under poplars may be bitter.
Ryadovka - agaricin which the spore powder ripens inside the plates - thin, tightly adjacent to each other. In young specimens they are white, in older ones pink-brown.
Edible or not rowan poplar
Ryadovka poplar refers to edible mushrooms of the third category. They are suitable as a food product, but before consumption they need a certain processing. Experts advise qualitatively rinse the mushrooms, soak them in cold water and boil for 20 minutes (minimum). Such a heat treatment will get rid of bitterness, if present. It should be noted that fresh mushrooms deteriorate quickly, are not subject to storage, therefore they should be prepared immediately after they have been harvested.
By chemical composition, poplar mushroom is close to meat. It contains a balanced set of active biological substances and mineral components that have a positive effect on all systems and organs of the human body.
- The sandbox contains vitamins:
- Group B - improve the functioning of the nervous system, stimulate brain activity, reduce the negative effects of stress, improve the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract;
- AND - participates in the regulation of protein synthesis, accelerates the regenerative processes in cells, has a beneficial effect on the functioning of the digestive system;
- PP - normalizes redox processes, takes part in metabolic processes, positively affects the functioning of the nervous system;
- WITH - strengthens the immune system, activates the protective functions of the body, helps fight viruses and bacteria.
Did you know? Rowing is one of the few forest species of mushrooms that are suitable for home growing. In this case, the growing method is similar to the method of breeding champignons.
- The composition of the mushrooms is supplemented with minerals, such as:
- phosphorus - it is necessary for the normal functioning of the liver and kidneys, strengthens tooth enamel, regulates the level of hormones;
- selenium - protects cells from the harmful effects of free radicals, serves as a prevention of heart disease, normalizes cholesterol levels;
- potassium - ensures the normal functioning of the nervous system, improves the functioning of the cardiovascular system, strengthens blood vessels, makes them more elastic.
In addition, in the series of the described species there are organic acids - citric, tartaric and oxalic, enzymes that break down fats, natural protein and fats.
Topolivka is a low-calorie product with only 20 kcal per 100 g of raw materials. This makes it possible to use the fungus in diet and weight loss.
Useful properties of the mushroom
Chemical analyzes of the rows and the study of their biological composition established that they have a wide range of healing properties:
- Systematic use of the product contributes to:
- cleansing the body, getting rid of toxins, toxins and harmful substances;
- normalization of the digestive system;
- renewal and restoration of liver cells;
- healing of wounds and ulcers;
- activation of the protective functions of the body;
- rejuvenation of the skin.
Mushrooms described it is recommended to include diabetics, cancer patients, people suffering from arthritis and rheumatism, urinary tract diseases, nervous disorders in the diet. In addition, the product is low-calorie, so it is great for those who want to lose extra pounds.
The rowan poplar is suitable as a meal. For cooking mushrooms, all culinary processing methods are suitable: they are boiled, fried, stewed, salted, pickled. Under the influence of high temperature indicators, topolivka take a light gray color and a pleasant, rich mushroom taste.. They are ideally combined with onions, potatoes, meat.
There are many different recipes for the preparation of followers. Cooks quite often combine them with rice, buckwheat, pasta. Vegetarians use the described rowing instead of meat. To give the traditional mushroom dish an unusual flavor, they are combined with various vegetables, spices and spices.
Immediately before use or further use, for example, for salting, it is recommended to thoroughly rinse the rowings several times and boil in salted water for about 15-20 minutes
It should be noted that both young and more mature specimens are suitable for food. It is also allowed to eat even those mushrooms that thawed out from the snow after winter.
Did you know? In Italy, rowans bear fruit not at the end of summer, but at the beginning of spring. That is why the Italian name for mushrooms translates as “marmoset”.
The healing qualities of poplaris rowaning are successfully used in medicine. The enzymes that make up the fungus are used to make antibiotic drugs that are active on the tubercle bacillus.
- In addition, hoods, decoctions and other medicines based on topolivka allow:
- improve appetite and speed up metabolic processes;
- reduce the level of "bad" cholesterol in the blood;
- intensify the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract;
- lower blood glucose;
- stabilize blood pressure.
Subtopolnik is indispensable raw materials for the manufacture of antidiabetic drugs. From mycelium, rowans make extracts that show high efficiency in the fight against cancer, in particular, breast and cervical cancer.
Possible harm from the fungus
The sandbox, like any other mushroom, is a “heavy” product for the digestive system, therefore before consumption needs compulsory heat treatment. Mushrooms can harm the human body if you do not follow the rules of use and do not take into account the main contraindications.
- The latter include:
- children under 12 years old;
- tendency to allergic reactions;
- individual intolerance to the product;
- any ailments in the acute stage.
With caution and only after consulting a doctor, pregnant women and women during lactation are allowed to eat mushrooms. It is not recommended to enjoy the gifts of the forest at night or on an empty stomach. It is strictly forbidden to use raw specimens.
Important! Poisonous specimens have a thinner leg, a hat with plates of gray color and the presence of a conical tubercle in the center.
If all the above rules are observed, rank and file can not be harmful, but there is a high probability of confusing them with inedible or poisonous "relatives". To prevent this from happening, you need to know exactly what the mushroom looks like and how it differs from others.
Poplar rowan is a wonderful and valuable mushroom that has a wide range of beneficial effects and can be an effective medicine for many diseases. The sandbox is of particular value for people with tuberculosis, since it has the ability to suppress the negative effect of Koch's bacillus. However, before using the forest gifts for therapeutic purposes, it is imperative to consult a doctor.