Pickling: A Simple Winter Harvest Recipe
In rainy autumn, zealous owners will find reason to rejoice: a large crop of mushrooms to everyday worries will add home clutter for harvesting mushrooms, which are so nice to crunch at a winter dinner. Every effort to clean the mushrooms of sand and get rid of the bitter taste will fully justify itself when opening a can with a crispy canned load. Almost anyone will be able to quickly cook a simple but tasty snack and decorate the everyday menu, applying the knowledge on how to pickle mashli in practice.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
Many types of edible milk contain bitter milky juice, which can be eliminated only by prolonged soaking (1-3 days) or double digestion (twice for 15 minutes) in salted water. To choose the only right way, try both options for a simple preparation for preservation.
High cooking excludes both fried and boiled breasts due to the bitterness contained in them! However, adding salted or pickled mushrooms to soups and main dishes is acceptable.
Spices are chosen at your own discretion: those who are prone to simple tastes substitute bay leaves for pickling, for example, with cherry, but don’t put cloves at all.To prepare mushrooms, you can harvest them in the summer and use dill umbrellas at the right time instead of dry seeds.
Winter pickling recipe
0.5 L40 min.
breasts of any size
black pepper peas
4 medium sized wedges
acetic acid 70%
2 tbsp. l
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Rinse the breasts with running water so that the water rinses off the topsoil.
- Place the mushrooms in a bowl and cover with cold water. Use a toothbrush to thoroughly clean the hats.
- Scratch the top layer of the hat and legs with a knife.
- Remove the inner plates, as they contain a lot of sand, and rinse again under running water. When the breast is completely cleansed, it becomes dazzling white.
- Cut large fruiting bodies into 4 parts, and use the whole small ones.
- Put the mushrooms in a saucepan, fill with water, set to cook on medium heat.
- Wait for boiling, the foam that appears at the same time must be collected. Cook them on the fire for another 15 minutes. after boiling.
- Remove the hot boiled mushrooms from boiling water into a bowl and rinse well again under a stream of cold water.
- Pour the washed breasts with cold water, put on medium heat, cook for another 30 minutes. after boiling.
- Repeat rinse again.
- In the pot where the marinade will be prepared, draw 0.5 liters of water and put on fire. In the water for the future marinade, add 0.5 tbsp. l salt, 0.5 tbsp. sugar, peppercorns and cloves as desired. Add bay leaf and dill seeds there. Mix well and wait for it to boil.
- As soon as the marinade boils, immerse the prepared boiled mushrooms in it, boil everything together.
- After boiling the marinade with mushrooms, cover the pan with a lid, reduce the heat and let it boil for another 15 minutes.
- In boiling mushrooms add 1 h. 70% acetic acid, mix well. The marinade needs to be cooked for another 1 min.
- At the bottom of the sterilized for at least 5 minutes in a glass jar, place the whole garlic, without cutting, lay the mushrooms.
- Fill the jar with mushrooms with marinade, but not to the very top, leave a place for vegetable oil, which you add last.
- The jar must be closed with a sterile lid. Prepare a warm blanket, cover a hot jar of canned milk until it cools completely. No need to turn over the workpiece.
Recipe for pickling mushrooms for the winterVideo Recipe: Recipe for pickling mushrooms for the winter
Important! Lids for preservation from polyethylene for sterility are enough to pour over boiling water. Boil metal lids for preservation for at least 5 minutes.
Pickled breasts can be enjoyed not earlier than after 40 days. Be sure to withstand the entire period of their storage until winter in a dark, cool place, it is perfectly acceptable to place cans in the refrigerator.
According to this simple recipe, you can preserve other mushrooms - it turns out so delicious that after one serving it is difficult not to require an additive.