The benefits and harms of sows
Going on a “silent hunt”, not everyone knows the differences between edible and dangerous mushrooms. Pigs belong to the second category, but outwardly very similar to other varieties suitable for eating.
The nutritional value
If we consider the nutritional value of mushrooms of sows, then it is of little importance. The composition contains a minimum amount of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. However, this property will benefit those people who carefully monitor their diet and are actively trying to lose weight.
Also in the composition of the sows contains a large number of vitamins and miners. Despite the fact that their concentration is low, you can still fill your body with useful substances.
Mushroom pigs can be attributed to dietary products. Their caloric content is only 50 kcal per 100 g. If we consider the KBZhU per 100 g, then everything looks as follows:
- Proteins - 3.7 g. This indicator is only 5% of the daily allowance for humans.
- Saturated fat - 0, 13 g. 1% of the daily intake.
- Monounsaturated fats - 0.15 g. 1% of the daily intake.
- Polysaturated fats - 0.49 g. 2% of the daily allowance.
- Carbohydrates - 1.1 g. 1% of the daily allowance.
Vitamins and Minerals
Porcini mushrooms contain the most vitamin C. Its amount reaches 7 mg. Among other vitamins should be highlighted:
- PP - 10.4 mg;
- B5 - 2.1 mg;
- B2 - 0.4 mg;
- A and B1 - 0.1 mg;
- B9 - 0.03 mg.
Important! The smallest pigs contain cobalt (0.15 mg) and molybdenum (0.003 mg).
Are porcini mushrooms harmful
This mushroom belongs to the conditionally poisonous species, therefore it is considered harmful to humans. The minimum amount of incorrectly prepared fruiting body contributes to the manifestation of allergic reactions and disruption of the functioning of internal organs. In rare cases, death is possible.
Important! If you eat the fruiting bodies of sows regularly (due to ignorance of what kind of mushroom you eat), then kidney failure may develop.
If during the "silent hunt" you see the mycelium of this fungus, then try to bypass it. After all, only an experienced mushroom picker can properly prepare the harvest so that it turns out to be harmless to health and life. If you rarely eat the fruiting body, then you will not have any signs of poisoning. Toxins and heavy metals contained in these fungi accumulate in the human body gradually.
The harmful substances contained in the pulp, accumulating in the body, provoke the destruction of red blood cells in the blood. As a result, the work of the heart and liver is disrupted. In all people, intoxication manifests itself at different times.This is due to many factors:
- health status;
- the amount of fruit bodies consumed.
Video: Can I eat porcini mushrooms
Symptoms of Poisoning
The time after which poisoning by sows comes, depends on the human immune system. You can feel the first symptoms of poisoning after 2-3 hours. This is a sure sign that it is better to abandon further use. A mild form of intoxication has similar symptoms to normal mushroom poisoning.
- The harms are as follows:
- Intense abdominal pain.
- Diarrhea and vomiting.
- Cool hands and feet.
- General weakness.
- Pain in the lumbar region.
If you encounter such symptoms, you must immediately call a doctor. While he will get, you need to carry out first aid. First, the stomach of the victim is washed, giving a large amount of clean water to drink (at least 8 glasses). This will cause vomiting, which will remove harmful substances from the body. After this, give the victim an anti-allergy drug (Suprastin). Do not use drugs that stop vomiting or diarrhea. Before the doctor arrives, the patient should be in a horizontal position.
The benefit of the sows
Mushroom pigs can be very useful if you learn how to cook them correctly. The composition contains amino acids, proteins, vitamins and minerals necessary for humans. The benefit is to fill the body with the necessary elements and dietary properties.
It is safe to eat fruiting bodies, which are prepared according to the following technology:
- Clean them from dirt one hour after collection.
- For a day, soak the washed and peeled mushrooms in saline (300 g per 5 l of water). This will remove all harmful substances and metals.
- After 24 hours, rinse the mushrooms under running water and cook for 10 minutes.
So, now you know what pig mushrooms are. Despite the fact that they are life-threatening varieties, and can be compared in danger with red mushrooms, they can be used. Only for this you have to properly prepare the fruiting bodies to remove all toxins.