Cooking sows, recipes, step by step instructions
Pigs - common forest mushrooms in Russia, are found in coniferous plantings and grow in small groups on trees. Belong to the Svinushkov family. Their peculiarity is that before cooking the dishes must be pretreated. Read about how to cook porcini mushrooms and how to properly process them before cooking.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
There are two types of Svinushkovs - thin (poisonous) and thick (conditionally edible). It is allowed to eat only a thick variety and only after preliminary cooking.
Important! Thin sows cause acute renal failure and sometimes lead to death. It is easy to distinguish them from edible ones by description: thin ones have a narrow leg, and thick ones have a wide leg.
Before cooking, it is important that the product is processed correctly:
- rinse and soak in cold water for 20 minutes;
- drain the liquid, cut out the lower plate part, as debris accumulates there;
- boil for half an hour, then drain the liquid and cook again for 40 minutes in salt water.
Many are afraid to eat pigs, as they are considered conditionally edible. Fresh mushrooms immediately after harvesting are really not worth cooking.However, after soaking and boiling, frying is allowed. There are few recipes, but it always turns out very tasty. If you have gathered a basket of these mushrooms in the forest, try to fry them in the classical way or with sour cream.
Classical Onion Frying
ground black pepper
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Heat a frying pan with oil.
- Dice the onion.
- Put chopped onions in a pan and fry until transparent.
- Cut the pre-processed mushrooms into medium pieces and add to the onion.
- Fry the onion-mushroom mass for 5 minutes.
- Beat the egg in a deep plate, salt, pepper and beat with a fork or whisk.
- Pour the eggs into the pan to the remaining ingredients and mix vigorously.
Video recipeClassic Onion FryingVideo Recipe: Classic Onion Frying
Important! If you want, you can do without eggs. Fried pigs with onions are delicious on their own.
Fried pigs in sour cream
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Cut mushrooms prepared in advance with arbitrary pieces, for example, plates or cubes.
- Chop the onion into small cubes or thin half rings.
- Place the skillet over medium heat, add oil and let it warm up.
- Pour onion in a pan, large until transparent.
- Add mushrooms to the onion, salt and reduce the heat to moderate.
- Fry the onion-mushroom mass, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- In a separate plate, put one and a half tablespoons of sour cream, crush the garlic using a garlic press and mix thoroughly.
- Add the sour cream sauce to the mushrooms, mix so that the mass acquires a uniform color, and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, cover the pan and let stand for 10 minutes.
- When serving, decorate fried mushrooms with finely chopped parsley.
Did you know?Pig in different regions of Russia is also called dunk, nesting doll and fetish.
It’s easy to prepare the pigs if you know how to handle them. Be sure to process the mushrooms before cooking. Your well-being and health depend on this. It is better to spend more time, but maintain health.