Do I need to cook boletus, how much to cook, how to process before frying
Boletus - the second most nutritious and tastier after cep - it contains a large amount of fiber, carbohydrates, proteins and fats, as well as potassium, phosphorus, iron, vitamins A, C, PP and B. All of its species are edible, but taste practically do not differ. The process of their preparation does not take much time, but you need to do it right.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
It’s very important when choosing boletus to distinguish real from false, and they look almost the same - the latter are considered inedible and have a bitter taste that can ruin any dish. The main differences between these species are as follows: real mushrooms have a flesh of white or bluish color, and false legs are “decorated” with a mesh of pinkish or yellowish color.
Before cooking, the mushrooms must be washed, the hat removed from the top film, the damaged or “doubtful” areas removed from the surface, and cut into large or small pieces, if desired. Boletus is a low-calorie product (22 kcal), so it is often included in dietary diets. And because of the zero glycemic index, these mushrooms are recommended for use by people with diabetes.
Did you know? Mushrooms are very tenacious and can survive at an altitude of 30 thousand meters above the surface of the earth.
Recipes: how to boil boiled boletus before frying
This type of mushroom is universal and suitable as the main ingredient for many dishes: soups, sauces, side dishes, etc. Nevertheless, it is worth remembering that any mushrooms are heavy food for the stomach and should not be abused.
Fried boletus with onions
5 tbsp. l
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- If frozen mushrooms are used, defrost them before use. If fresh, then boil the boletus before frying.
- Peel the onion, rinse and chop finely.
- Next, pour sunflower oil in a skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Then add chopped onions and fry for 5 minutes. When the onion gets a golden hue, add the mushrooms and let them fry for 15-20 minutes, while stirring the contents of the pan periodically. Some housewives cover the pan with a lid, so the dish cooks faster and does not burn.
- After 15 minutes, the mushrooms turn black, they should be salted. Next, cover and leave for another 5 minutes.
Fried Mushrooms with OnionsVideo Recipe: Fried Mushrooms with Onions
Important! Due to the high iron content, untreated boletus quickly darkens, so fresh mushrooms should be cooked or boiled immediately before freezing.
large potato tubers
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Defrost and boil the boletus properly before use.
- Cut the carrots into small cubes.
- Pour in water and cook over low heat for 5–7 minutes.
- Peel the onion and make 2 cuts, then add to the pan. Subsequently, it will need to be removed from the soup.
- Next, bring the soup to a boil and remove the resulting foam.
- Peel the potatoes, cut into small cubes and add to the soup, cook for 25 minutes.
- Add bay leaf for flavor. Cook another 10 minutes. Then get the onion. At the end, add salt and optionally noodles, then boil for 5-7 minutes. Salt the mushrooms at the end of cooking, otherwise they will become dry and stiff.
Mushroom soupVideo recipe: Mushroom soup
How to boil before frying
Some housewives do not boil boletus before frying, arguing this by growing mushrooms in ecologically clean areas. However, most cooks agree that such processing is necessary so that the mushrooms do not turn black and get rid of the accumulated harmful substances.
Did you know? The fungus is considered the fastest growing in the world - every two minutes it increases by 1 centimeter.
So, before cooking, you need to wash and clean. Next, cut the boletus into large pieces, put in a pan and pour water. Then it is necessary to bring the mushrooms to a boil, remove the foam, salt and cook for 25-30 minutes. After this, it is necessary to drain the water and dry it before frying, they can also be frozen.
Mushroom dishes are very easy to prepare and always incredibly tasty. However, in the autumn period, the number of cases of poisoning with this product increases. As a rule, the reason is the ingestion of inedible species. To avoid this, you need to buy this product in trusted places and know the hallmarks of edible. It is also necessary to mention that mushrooms are too heavy a product for the digestive system of children under 14 years of age.