How to pickle mushrooms in a cold way
In the autumn, a large number of mushrooms appears in the forest, and salting is a popular way to preserve their rich harvest for the winter. Redheads have a special bright orange color, stand out for their excellent taste and very useful composition, so they are often salted with a variety of spices. The basic rules for the selection and preparation of mushrooms, as well as a home-based step-by-step recipe for saffron saffron mushrooms in a cold way - later in the article.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
So that the salted saffron mushrooms prepared for the winter are always tasty and have a good appearance, you need to successfully select them and prepare them correctly. The main ingredient can be collected in the forest yourself or bought in a store.
The antibiotic known in medicine, lactarioviolin, which suppresses the activity of many harmful bacteria, was synthesized from the flesh of mushrooms.
When choosing and preparing mushrooms for salting, you must follow the recipe and observe such conditions:
- salt needs only fresh mushrooms with a smooth and elastic surface, without rot;
- the legs of saffron mushrooms are better not to use for pickles - worms are often present in them;
- the product must be washed under running water, cleaning the surface of the fruiting bodies from a lot of dirt and debris with a sponge;
- mushrooms are recommended to be salted whole, but large specimens can be cut into several small pieces.
Cold salted saffron mushrooms
1.5–2 L25 min.
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Rinse horseradish leaves and mushrooms, cut off the legs of fruiting bodies. Peel the garlic.
- Prepare a wide container. Put all the leaves of horseradish on its bottom.
- On the herbs, put 5-6 cloves of garlic.
- Put a small layer of mushrooms on the garlic, placing them with their hats down.
- Generously add salt to the mushrooms (approximately 2 tablespoons of salt are consumed per layer).
- Put 5-6 whole cloves of garlic over the salt again. Repeat the same sequence of layers 3-4 more times. Squeeze lightly the mass in the container with your hands so that the salt is better distributed between the layers.
- Prepare a bowl whose diameter is slightly smaller than the width of the container with mushrooms. Place a bowl on the top layer, place a load on top (for example, a liter glass jar filled with water).
- Cover the bowl with all ingredients and cargo with a clean towel or gauze. Marinate mushrooms at room temperature for 24 hours. In a bowl, camelina juice should appear.
- After a day, rearrange the container with the workpiece in a cold place. In this case, the mushrooms should be completely immersed in brine, which was formed from juice and salt.
- For salting, leave the mushrooms in a cold place for about 2 weeks for salting. After this, the product is transferred to a glass jar and kept where it is always cold (refrigerator or cellar).
Cold salted saffron milk Video recipe: Cold salted saffron milk
If you deliciously prepare homemade saffron mushrooms according to the presented method, then you can get a snack that perfectly complements the daily diet in winter and will become a successful decoration of any festive table.
Important! If little brine has formed around saffron milk in a bowl, then you can add a little cold boiled water to the mushrooms.
Such a dish does not require a lot of time for cooking, so even novice cooks can make it, following the instructions listed step by step.