How to cook white mushroom sauce with sour cream
Meat, fish dishes or just side dishes will be much tastier if served with a separately prepared sauce, which includes every hostess's favorite foods. One of the universal varieties of this supplement is sour cream and mushroom sauce, and its preparation can be based on a variety of recipes. Proven and tasty options, with a complete list of ingredients and step-by-step cooking instructions are given in this article.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
The main components of any sour cream and mushroom sauce are mushrooms and sour cream (or cream), in addition to which spices, onions, vegetable oil and a wide variety of spices can be used. The dairy product should be sufficiently fatty, so when buying a "store product", choose only options with an indicator of at least 30% fat. Even better - homemade cream, though only if they are not sour. Good champignons for the recipe are fresh and dense medium-sized mushrooms, without rotten or moldy fragments (usually a very unpleasant smell comes from such areas).As for the other possible ingredients of the recipes, the general requirements apply to them: cheese, onion, and crab sticks should be fresh, preferably with the preservation of their natural flavor. Salt and spices are added based on personal preferences, but in any case, they must be high-quality, with the aroma preserved and without signs of mold (sometimes it appears when moisture enters the container with seasonings).
Did you know? According to scientists, mushrooms were discovered on Earth a thousand years ago, and for culinary purposes the Italians first began to use them. They learned how to grow them at home.
Options for mushroom sour cream sauce
The simplest solution with a small amount of ingredients available will be a classic recipe for sour cream and mushroom sauce, in which, in addition to mushrooms and sour cream, only Provence herbs, onions, sugar and vegetable oil should be present (most of the housewives probably have them in the kitchen). Those who prefer more unusual recipes should pay attention to the option with garlic and crab sticks, which is also often popular with housewives.
onions (medium size)
2 tbsp. l
a third of a glass (approximately 80 g)
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Peel and finely chop the onion, chop the washed and dried mushrooms to make a thin plate.
- Heat the pan on the stove, add vegetable oil and fry the onion in it until transparent.
- Pour mushrooms into the onion plate, mix them and let fry over medium heat under a lid (no longer than 2-3 minutes).
- Salt, pepper the mixture and pour in a little clean boiled water, again thoroughly mixing.
- Pour Provencal herbs into the pan (can be replaced with basil) and evenly distribute them in the mushroom mixture. Close the lid and let the mushrooms stew for another 7 minutes.
- Remove the lid and fry the mushrooms, periodically mixing them, until evenly “brown” on all sides.
- Transfer the prepared champignons with onions into a blender bowl and chop to a homogeneous porridge.
- Add sour cream and sugar to the resulting paste, mixing everything thoroughly.
- Transfer the white sour cream sauce to the saucepan and you can serve it to the table, previously supplemented with a sprig of parsley.
Video recipeClassic Video Recipe: Classic
Important! To improve the taste properties of the finished mixture, before serving, it should be put in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
With cheese and crab sticks
crab sticks (or meat)
sour cream (or cream)
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Peel and dice the mushrooms.
- Preheat the pan and, without greasing it with vegetable oil, pour champignons.
- Fry them for three minutes, and then add Provencal herbs, salt and vegetable oil, continuing to fry the mushrooms until cooked.
- While the mushrooms are fried, grate the frozen crab sticks on a fine grater to make small chips.
- Add sour cream to the mushrooms and leave for 5 minutes to stew together.
- Grate the cheese and sprinkle it on the chopped crab sticks.
- Rub the garlic and place it in the pan as well. After putting out one more minute, pour the chopped clean greens into the gravy and remove the pan from the heat.
Video recipeWith cheese and crab sticksVideo recipe: With cheese and crab sticks
Important! If you take homemade cream and the mushroom mixture seems too thick, add a little boiled water during the process of stewing.
Ready sour cream-mushroom sauce or a sauce-like product with greens will be an excellent addition to potatoes or pasta, although, if desired, you can use it together with cereals, meat or fish dishes, which only emphasizes their taste.