How to salt pickles for the winter at home, recipes, step-by-step instructions
During the period of increased mushroom productivity, mushroom pickers mainly collect indiscriminately various edible specimens, among which throats have gained popularity. These fruiting bodies will be an excellent option for salting for the winter. It is not uncommon for many to be interested in the answer to the question of getting rid of mushroom bitterness before the procedure for salting thrills.
In fact, the process of salting thunderfish in the winter is quite simple. The main condition is the observance of step-by-step cooking technology, as well as the correct selection and preparation of the product that you want to salt.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
For salting, it is necessary to collect fresh and not overripe specimens of approximately the same size, and all wormy and mildewed worms should be disposed of immediately.
Important! Pink and white varieties of waves are recommended to be salted separately, since they have different degrees of bitterness.
The peculiarity of preparing the ingredients is as follows:
- clean food from debris and dirt with a neat toothbrush action;
- withstand up to three days the raw material for salting in cold water (which should be updated three times a day) to get rid of a bite bite;
- determine the readiness of the product - compaction and plasticity of the mushroom cap;
- it is necessary to additionally withstand mushrooms before cold salting in water with rock salt;
- cut the bottom of the legs, it is permissible to cut the caps to the desired size;
- rinse the ingredients.
Cracker salted recipes
Each housewife tries to pickle throttles so that the fruit bodies are not bitter and have a pleasant crispy taste. There are many recipes for the salting of the product in question: it is prepared both whole and chopped, with different marinades and different temperature conditions. Three variants of homemade product salting are known - cold, hot and combination.
1–1.2 L20 min
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- It is necessary to prepare a bucket, pan or other container where the mushrooms will be soaked. Dishes should be clean and dry. Soaked threshers should be poured into a colander and left for 10-15 minutes. to drain excess fluid.
- At the bottom, put horseradish and currant leaves, garlic wedges and a layer of salt, as well as dill heads.
- The next level is mushroom. Mushrooms should be placed with their hats down, densely positioning and slightly tamping.
- Layers of waves (up to three layers) and leaves alternate until the container is completely full. The top level will be tightly laid horseradish leaves.
- Install oppression from above. Clean in a cool place for 30–45 days. At the end of the salting period, the traps can be served or rolled up in cans for longer storage.
Cold saltingVideo recipe: Cold salting
How to salt hot
0.5 L30 min
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Place the flakes in a two-liter pot with water (500-700 ml) and bring to a boil.
- In the contents of the pan you need to add 2 tbsp. l salt (with a slide). Remove foam periodically.
- The cooking process takes 15–20 minutes.
- Place the garlic in a hot sterilized jar and lay the mushrooms tightly. Pour the marinade from above (with water, where the traps were cooked) so that it covers the mushrooms completely.
- For 500 ml, you need to add half a teaspoon of vinegar and roll up a jar. Thanks to acid, mushrooms can be kept at room temperature. The rolled-up jar should be covered with warm material and wait until it cools completely.After that, the workpiece can be stored at room temperature.
How to salt in a hot wayVideo recipe: How to salt in a hot way
Crispy salted mushrooms
1 l 30–40 min
3-4 pcs. Vegetable oil 3-4 tbsp. l
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- In a deep pot of boiling water, you need to place traps. In a 2-liter pan, pour half a tablespoon of table salt.
- After boiling, boil the traps for another 5 minutes. During boiling, stir constantly.
- After heat treatment, rinse the main ingredient and place in a colander for 15 minutes. After cooking, excess moisture will come out of the mushrooms, so the mass of the waves will decrease to approximately 0.7–1 kg.
- Put a layer of horseradish leaves, allspice and black pepper, a dill umbrella and 1-2 cloves of garlic on the bottom of the sterilized jar.
- The next level is the waves (3 cm). Each mushroom layer is well salted (2 pinches).
- Stacked layers must be well compacted so that there are no voids. As the banks narrow, the amount of salt needs to be reduced.
- When 3-4 cm is left to the edge of the container, more mushrooms should not be laid out in the container. This is due to the fact that as a result of ripening, they will rise and the brine will flow out.
- The upper level is horseradish leaves that act as a block, preventing the thrush from rising. On top of the leaves of horseradish it is necessary to slightly salt and add sunflower oil (or other vegetable oil) to the edges of the container, forming an “oil shutter”. This procedure protects the mushrooms from possible oxygen.
- The jar must be closed with a plastic lid and set aside in a cool place. After a couple of days, you can check the traps for the amount of salt, as the salinity in the entire bank will already be the same. If the product is not salty enough, then you can still add salt to the workpiece from above.
Crispy salted mushroomsVideo recipe: Crispy salted mushrooms
Features of storage of blanks
For better storage of salted pickworms (prepared in any way), the workpieces should be stored in a cool place where the temperature regime is +2 ... + 4 ° С. If the mushrooms are at a temperature below 0 ° C, they can freeze and lose their taste, and at a temperature above + 6 ° C, the workpiece will turn sour and deteriorate.
Did you know? To speed up the salting process, many housewives spread fermented horseradish leaves from last year’s spin on the lower layer of the jar. As a result of this procedure, the mushrooms can marinate after 1.5 weeks.
Thus, traps are an excellent fruiting body, suitable for home salting in various ways. Subject to all the simple cooking rules, these salted mushrooms will be incredibly tasty and will become a wonderful decoration of the festive table.