Recipes for cooking chicken breast with mushrooms in a slow cooker
Using a slow cooker made from simple products, such as mushrooms and chicken breast, you can quickly prepare delicious and delicious dishes without any hassle. The article discusses several simple recipes that can be used both for everyday dishes and for the festive table.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
The main ingredients of the following dishes are mushrooms and chicken fillet (breast). The main requirement when choosing products is their freshness: the breast should not be sticky, have odors. You can take champignons, oyster mushrooms, if possible - forest chanterelles, saffron mushrooms or mushrooms. Although it’s much easier to find quality fresh champignons, they are perfect for our recipes. The rest of the ingredients, such as cheese, sour cream, onions are quite traditional, their choice should not complicate you.
Important! It is better not to wash the mushrooms, especially the chanterelles, it is enough to sort them well and remove excess garbage. Many mushrooms absorb moisture well and become watery. If such a procedure is nevertheless necessary, limit yourself to a gentle rinse.
Slow Cooked Chicken Breast Recipes
Although the recipes are adapted for multicooking, they can also be used to prepare the same dishes on a regular gas or electric stove.The advantage of the multicooker is that with its help the process is greatly simplified. For example, to cook julienne you do not need an oven, just set the desired mode on the multicooker.
Classic Chicken and Mushroom Recipe
8-101 hours 20 minutes
chicken meat (fillet or drumsticks)
2-3 tbsp. l
salt, herbs and spices (thyme, pepper)
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Mushrooms cut into plates thick enough. If your mushrooms are medium in size, the recommended plate thickness is 3-5 mm.
- Chop the onion, finely chop the garlic, you can use the garlic press.
- Combine sour cream with mustard, mix thoroughly.
- In the capacity of the multicooker pour 2 tbsp. l oils, set the mode "Frying", products "Vegetables". After the oil is sufficiently warmed up (2-3 minutes), put onion, garlic and mushrooms in the bowl. Stir the contents periodically.
- 7-8 minutes later after the start of the process, turn off the "Frying" program, pour the mixture of sour cream and mustard into the bowl, salt, add water and seasonings. In the resulting sauce, place the chicken, sprinkle with herbs on top. Set the "Extinguishing" mode, the timer for 50 minutes.
- After 40–45 minutes, you can try the dish: by this time it can already be ready. If this is the case, install the “Preheating” program, let the roast infuse for another 10 minutes.
Video recipeClassic recipe for chicken with mushroomsVideo recipe: Classic recipe for chicken with mushrooms
Tasty and fragrant chicken with mushrooms in sour cream sauce is ready! As a side dish for the main dish, you can cook anything: pasta, rice, mashed potatoes or porridge.
Did you know? Initially, Julien was called a special way of chopping vegetables with a thin straw for salads, which came from France.In Russia, they began to call our traditional dish of meat and mushrooms under a cheese, cream or sour cream hat.
6-81 hours 30 minutes
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Cut the chicken fillet into small cubes. Set the “Baking” program on the multicooker, the duration is 50 minutes. Place a piece of butter in a bowl, let it warm up.
- Pour the chopped breast into a container with heated oil, fry for 15 minutes. While chicken will be fried, chop finely the onions and mushrooms large enough.
- 7-8 minutes later mix the chicken, after the same time add the onions and mushrooms to the bowl. If you have oyster mushrooms or champignons, they are placed in a container for frying raw, forest mushrooms can be pre-boiled (15 minutes in salt water).
- Mix the contents of the bowl and leave to fry for 20 minutes. After about 10 minutes, open the lid and check the liquid level in the bowl: if there is little moisture, add water; if there is a lot, leave the lid open for several minutes.
- After about 20 minutes after laying the mushrooms, add mustard, flour, salt, pour milk and mix into the bowl. Close the lid and cook until the end of the program (approximately 15 minutes).
- Rub the cheese on the grater, which you need to sprinkle the finished julienne. Then set the mode "Heating" for 15-20 minutes. This time is enough for the cheese to melt, and the dish has completely reached the desired condition.
- When serving, lay the finished dish on plates, or in portioned coconuts, you can decorate with a sprig of parsley.
Important! In the recipe, instead of milk, you can use cream.If the fat content of the cream is 10%, 100 ml or 50 ml of the product with a fat content of 20% is enough.
Video recipeJulien Video Recipe: Julien
Did you know? Oyster mushroom contains up to 24% protein, as well as a rich set of amino acids, including essential ones. By this indicator, mushrooms are superior to all plant crops except legumes, approaching meat.
These recipes are suitable for everyday cooking (chicken with mushrooms in sour cream sauce is a versatile dish that goes with any side dish), and for meeting guests. Especially if the guests on the doorstep appeared unexpectedly: you can pay attention to your friends, and the slow cooker will prepare for you a delicious and original julienne.