The recipe for delicious dumplings with oyster mushrooms
Dishes from unleavened dough with aromatic filling are found in almost all peoples of the world. Their popularity exceeds even the most sophisticated delicacies, as they can decorate almost every table and become the basis of any feast.
Among them, the most impressive list of recipes is known for dumplings, but only a few can really be called successful. The article describes in detail how to cook incredibly tasty dumplings with mushrooms and potatoes, and also provides step-by-step instructions for preparing this recipe.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
To create a truly delicious dish, you need to seriously approach the choice of ingredients. Only fresh potatoes and high-quality mushrooms are suitable for cooking, they should not contain traces of damage by insects or other pests, and in the section they should differ in fleshy and elastic tissues. Flour for dumplings should be exclusively of the highest grade, the only way to create a truly tender dough.
To choose the best flour, you should definitely pay attention to the labeling of the package. The highest quality product contains an ISO mark on the packaging, which indicates quality that meets all international standards.
The basic procedure for preparing the ingredients is quite simple. Potatoes, mushrooms, etc. must be washed and peeled. Then the potatoes should be boiled until fully cooked, it is necessary to boil the vegetable over medium heat for about 30-40 minutes.
Next, you need to separate the proteins from the yolks, and then place them in separate containers. After that, you can directly proceed to the main stage of the recreation of the dish.
Dumplings with oyster mushrooms and potatoes
1 kg60 minutes
parsley and dill
1 small bunch
1 tbsp. l
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- First you need to make the dough, for this, in a separate deep container, sift the flour through a fine sieve, and then combine it with the yolks, water and melted butter. Knead the dough thoroughly, do this in a circular motion. The end result should be a thick, tight and homogeneous mass.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Finely chop each oyster mushroom, onion, and then place everything on a frying pan with hot red sunflower oil.
- Fry the onion-mushroom mixture until tender, until the liquid has completely evaporated.
- Make mashed potatoes from boiled potatoes, then combine it with fried oyster mushrooms and onions.
- Cut the parsley and onion greens, and then alternately mix it with minced potato. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of no more than 1-2 mm and form the same circles from it with a diameter of about 7-10 cm.It is most convenient to do this with a plastic or glass cup.
- Place 1-2 teaspoons of the filling in the center of each dough circle.
- Fold the dough in half, and then pinch the edges, forming a so-called “pigtail” on each dumpling. Moreover, each of them should resemble a kind of "large dumpling."
- Boil the dumplings in salted water for about 4-6 minutes. This dish is served with sour cream, decorating with a generous handful of greens.
Vareniki with potatoes and oyster mushrooms is an incredibly tasty and satisfying dish that can charge you with energy for the whole day, as well as positive emotions.
Did you know? Despite the fact that dumplings are traditional Slavic food, the recipe was borrowed from oriental cuisine. From ancient times, this dish has been known in Turkey as “dyush-var”, however, unlike dumplings, all kinds of meat were stuffed with it.
Cooking it is not easy, but with a minimum set of skills you can do it without any problems. The main thing at the same time is to acquire high-quality ingredients and prepare them correctly, since the success of recreating the recipe often depends on this.