Champignons: benefits and harms, Komarovsky’s opinion, since how old mushrooms can children
Mushrooms are a real storehouse of vitamins, minerals and nutrients for both adults and children. It is important to understand at what age it is recommended to give champignons to children. This information will help not harm the child’s body, and will also allow you to choose an interesting option for serving a children's dish.
The name comes from the French word champignon, which means “mushroom” in translation.The mushroom hat is massive, with dense pulp. Diameter - from 6 to 15 cm. Some specimens reach up to 25 cm in diameter. The color of the hat varies from white to light brown.The skin is soft to the touch, not slippery, slightly velvety. The foot reaches 11 cm in height. At the base has an extension and a characteristic white ring. The plates under the hat are light pink in young specimens and brown in older specimens. The pulp is white in color, when broken, it can change color to pink. The ripening peak falls at the end of October.
Did you know? In China and Korea, champignons are used to treat bronchitis, as well as eating disorders.
The pulp has a pronounced mushroom aroma. Due to its smell, they can be used for cooking various dishes, including soups, snacks.
They perfectly complement meat dishes, suitable for making pizza. In fresh mushrooms, only 27 kcal.Protein - 4.3 g, fat - 1 g, carbohydrates - 0.1 g.
Important! Champignons can be confused with a pale grebe or with a bright view of the fly agaric. Wild mushrooms should not be given to children.
Useful properties and possible harm
Champignons have a rich mineral composition. They include:
- saturated and unsaturated fatty acids;
- folic acid;
- vitamin C;
- essential oils;
- a nicotinic acid;
- Useful properties of mushrooms:
- strengthen and tone the body;
- replenish stocks of vitamins and minerals;
- remove toxins;
- due to the minimum amount of fat contribute to weight loss;
- improve the work of the digestive tract;
- prevent the appearance of iron deficiency in the body;
- eliminate a headache;
- strengthen bone tissue.
Eating raw mushrooms without heat treatment can cause severe poisoning and disruption of the stomach and intestines. This is due to the fact that mushrooms absorb all radiation, as well as dust, dirt, which is in the environment. It is not recommended to eat mushrooms that were collected near the motorways, as well as near chemical plants.
Did you know? Champignons are widely used in cosmetology for the preparation of various shampoos and lotions.
Contraindications include individual intolerance to the product.. It is also not recommended to eat them for children under three years of age. For a child's body, the digestion of this product can cause difficulties, and they will not be properly absorbed. It is also not recommended for people with liver and kidney problems.
From what age can you eat and give champignons to children
According to Dr. Komarovsky, mushrooms can be consumed by children only after the second year of life. It is important to cook them correctly so that they are tasty and retain many useful minerals. Also, when choosing mushrooms for children, it is worth paying attention to exactly where they are sold, in what conditions and what appearance they have.
Dishes for children
By adding mushrooms to the children's diet, you can diversify their menu.
Dishes with mushrooms that can be given to children from two years:
- noodles with chicken and mushrooms;
- mushroom cream soup with potatoes;
- omelet with mushrooms and cheese;
- mashed soup;
- casserole with broccoli and mushrooms;
- borsch with mushrooms.
Dishes with the addition of this product are beneficial for children. But it is worth carefully introducing them into the diet, giving in small portions. The gradual introduction of a new product will allow it to be properly absorbed, and the body will get used to new food.