The recipe for a delicious bulgur with mushrooms
Bulgur, or “Turkish wheat”, is a tasty and healthy cereal from which you can cook a lot of delicious dishes. A great option is porridge with onions and mushrooms. You can also add other vegetables, for example, tomatoes, bake a treat under cheese or combine with meat. Below are simple recipes to follow, according to which it is very easy to make a satisfying and mouth-watering meal.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
The selection of ingredients for cooking should be careful. According to the proposed recipes, you will need vegetables, mushrooms and the cereal itself. Give preference to whole vegetables, without rot and damage. They must be washed, and the tomato (optional) can be scalded with boiling water and peeled to make the meal more tender.Bulgur is one of the few cereals that does not need preliminary preparation. It does not need to be washed before cooking, as there is no need to use cold water either.
When choosing champignons, give preference to mushrooms of white or slightly brown color. They should not have dark spots or splashes, damage between the hat and the leg. To the touch, the fruits should be dense and resilient. The aroma should be saturated mushroom, and a feeling of dampness indicates improper storage.
Bulgur recipe with mushrooms and onions
Bulgur with mushrooms and onions - tasty, satisfying and healthy. Cooking will seem simple if you follow the step-by-step recipes below. Various spices can be added to the dishes if desired, for example, red pepper or chili will add spice, garlic will give an amazing aroma, and dried herbs will take care of an amazing aftertaste. At the first cooking, it is better to follow the instructions given, and in the future you can experiment with cooking.
2 servings 40 minutes
spices for pilaf
black pepper peas
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Wash the champignons, remove the skin and chop coarsely.
- Put the pan on the fire, heat and add vegetable oil. Put the mushrooms, set a strong fire and fry the mushrooms until the liquid has completely evaporated. Transfer the mushrooms in a separate bowl when they are fried.
- Unhook the onions, wash, dry and send to the pan with a new portion of hot vegetable oil.
- At this time, peel the carrots, wash and dry the vegetable. Cut it into small cubes and put it on a lightly fried onion.
- Continue frying until a light golden color forms, and then put the mushrooms back on.
- Then add bulgur, salt, spices and black pepper to the pan. Then fill with water so that the cereal is completely covered with water. Stir and cover.
- Leave the porridge with vegetables to cook for 15-20 minutes over low heat. After this time, the water will completely evaporate and the bulgur will be completely ready. That's all, a delicious bulgur with mushrooms is ready.You can serve it on the table, complementing your favorite meat dish or eating it as an independent dish.
Video recipeClassic Recipe Video Recipe: Classic Recipe
Important! During the cooking of bulgur according to this recipe, it is not advisable to lift the lid. This will eliminate the likelihood of the cereal sticking together, which means that the dish will turn out friable.
Bulgur with champignons, cheese and tomatoes
1 serving 30-60 minutes
ground black pepper
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Boil chicken in boiling salted water until tender. Then remove from the water, let cool, cut into small slices and fry the meat in a pan with hot oil to a light golden crust.
- Wash, peel and slice raw tomato into thin slices. Fry with the meat until golden, and then add spices.
- Boil bulgur in boiling salted water for 15-20 minutes under a closed lid over low heat. Pour cereals with the expectation that 1 cup of cereal needs 2 cups of water.
- When the bulgur is ready, put it in a pan for mushrooms and mix until smooth. Wash greens, dry, finely chop, put into porridge and mix with other ingredients.
- Take a ceramic container for baking and put almost finished porridge there.
- Wash, dry, thinly chop and put on top of the bulgur.
- Grate cheese on a fine grater and sprinkle tomatoes on them. Send the container with the future delicious dish to a pre-warmed up to 180-190 ° C for 10 minutes.
- After the specified time, remove the dish from the oven. Complete with greens and serve. Can be supplemented with crackers or bread to make it more satisfying.
As you can see, cooking dishes from bulgur with mushrooms, tomatoes, onions is simple and fast. A lot of recipes are known, but the ones proposed above allow you to get hearty, nutritious and mouth-watering main dishes. Experiment with pleasure.