Description and application features of the motley umbrella mushroom
Mushroom umbrella belongs to the family Champignon. The name of these mushrooms is a reference to their appearance. After all, they really look like umbrellas that opened during the rain. Mushrooms are edible and are very appreciated by mushroom pickers due to their exquisite taste. In this article you will learn more about the variegated mushroom umbrella.
Where does the fungus umbrella grow and look like
The motley umbrella grows from early July to October. It can be found in deciduous and coniferous forests, in fields, along the road or in pastures. The mushroom cap is similar to a cap, but eventually becomes flat. Her color is white-gray with large dark brown scales.
Did you know? In favorable soil, umbrellas can reach a height of about one meter.
Edible or not
The motley umbrella is considered one of the most delicious mushrooms. But before you eat it, you need to clean the hat from the scales.The foot is not recommended, as it is very stiff and poorly digested. It tastes like mushrooms. This delicacy is very much appreciated in France, where they prefer to fry it in oil with a variety of seasonings. The only minus in the preparation is that it is very fried, therefore, in order to prepare a dish for the whole family, it is necessary to stock up with enough mushrooms.
The chemical composition of mushrooms includes a large number of proteins, fiber, carbohydrates and some B vitamins. And the motley is enriched with useful elements, among which:
- 2.4 g - proteins;
- 0.5 g - carbohydrates;
- 1.3 g - fats;
- 1.2 g - ash.
Did you know? A variegated umbrella can be consumed raw, so all useful elements are preserved.
Useful properties of the mushroom
The composition of the motley umbrella contains many useful substances that favorably affect the human body.
- The positive properties of the fungus are displayed in the following:
- good effect on heart function - If you regularly eat this mushroom, you can strengthen the blood vessels and improve the circulatory system;
- cellulite prevention - it contains a lot of potassium, which allows timely removal of fluid from the body and improve skin elasticity;
- boosts immunity - the composition of the fungus contains many vitamins of groups B and C, which helps to strengthen the immune system and make it more resistant to infectious diseases;
- cancer prevention - thanks to different types of glucans, human immunity becomes more stable, the metabolic process is stabilized, which becomes a powerful "shield" against cancer;
- inhibit stress - if you constantly use pestles, they will increase mental activity, as well as protect against overvoltage;
- remove cholesterol - the fungus contains lecithin, which eliminates cholesterol in the body;
- contributes to weight loss - For those on a diet, this mushroom will be an excellent storehouse of nutrients, in addition, it is low-calorie.
Since variegated umbrellas have an exquisite taste, they are often used to prepare various dishes. After all, they will not only decorate any holiday table, but also enrich the body with useful elements.
Important! The variegated umbrella, like many other mushrooms, has poisonous doubles, therefore, before going into the forest, carefully study the description of the edible motley.
There are many recipes for making umbrellas. One of them is baked motley. To prepare this dish you will need:
- variegated umbrellas - 500 g;
- eggs - 2 pcs.;
- salt, garlic - to taste;
The first step is to separate the hats from the legs. Hats to clean. Beat eggs in a separate container, add salt and finely grated garlic. Then dip the hats into this mixture and roll them in breadcrumbs. Next, you should fry the mushrooms in a pan until a golden crust appears.
Umbrella mushrooms are actively used in folk medicine. With their help, many healers treat rheumatism and gout. And tinctures are used for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Important! Do not pick mushrooms with dark plates below, as this may turn out to be either an old motley or a dangerous double at all.
Possible harm from the fungus
- Despite all the healing properties, they, like all mushrooms, can harm the body.
- with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- with pancreatitis;
- small children.
But even with a huge number of positive qualities, many mushroom pickers bypass the motley, fearing their umbrella-like appearance. Not many people know that they are edible, and some are afraid to get on poisonous doubles. But if you are going to “hunt” for colorful umbrellas, carefully study the photo and description of edible mushrooms before going to the forest. Then you will protect yourself from troubles and delight your guests with an exquisite culinary masterpiece, which is not only tasty, but also healthy.