A recipe for delicious mushrooms on the grill in a marinade with mayonnaise
Cooking kebabs, fresh vegetables and mushrooms on the grill or grill - an integral part of summer holidays in the country, in the forest or on the river. However, it is possible to fry delicious barbecue dishes, for example, mushrooms on an open fire, in the cold season.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
In order to cook mushrooms on the grill, first of all, you need to choose high-quality champignons.
Did you know? The Italians were the first to know about champignons about 1000 years ago, but the rest of mainland Europe became acquainted with them only in the 18th century. The British tried about these mushrooms even later.
When buying mushrooms, try to find those that meet the following criteria:
- high-quality fresh champignons have a white or light beige hue, as in the photo. If the mushrooms are dark, this is a sign that they are old. Such mushrooms after cooking will be stiff, despite pickling;
- hats should be of uniform color, not have darkening and spots;
- the damaged film between the hat and the leg indicates that this is a stale product;
- the fruit body of the fungus must be firm and elastic;
- the smell of mushrooms should be fresh, pleasant, without signs of dampness;
- the surface of the fungus should not stick, have signs of mucus.
As for the other ingredients, they are quite traditional, their choice should not cause you difficulties.
Important! If you find it difficult to calculate how many grill snacks you need to cook for a certain number of guests, proceed from the following considerations: one mushroom weighs about 30–35 g, i.e. 1 kg - it's about 30 medium sized mushrooms.
Champignon recipe on the grill in marinade with mayonnaise
4-51 hours 20 minutes
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- For starters, you should make a marinade. Chop the dill finely, pass the garlic through a press. Combine everything with mayonnaise, add soy sauce, a little salt and pepper to taste.
- In the resulting mass, pickle the mushrooms, mix thoroughly, preferably with your hands. Do not be afraid of the excessive garlic taste of the dish - it will not be. Since garlic is included in the marinade, and is not a direct ingredient in the dish, it will only add a spicy touch, favorably shading the main taste of mushrooms.
- Pickle mushrooms should be for 25-30 minutes, then put them on the wire rack and send to fry on the grill.
- While the mushrooms are pickling, prepare the barbecue. The easiest and fastest way is to purchase charcoal for these purposes and use it. It is believed that for the preparation of barbecue, the ratio of coal to meat should be 1: 1. For coal-fried mushroom snacks, a smaller quantity will be enough: for 800 g of mushrooms - 500-600 g of coal. If there is no coal, but enough time, pick up thick and thin dry branches, preferably a vine, fruit trees, alder, birch, linden or oak.
- Fix the pickled mushrooms on wire racks or skewers and grill over charcoal until cooked.The fact that the appetizer is ready will tell you the characteristic smell and golden brown crust. Content grids must be flipped periodically. Fry for about half an hour.
- Mushrooms can be served as an independent dish, or as a snack-supplement to vegetables, as well as to a meat grill. In addition, mushrooms prepared in this way go well with cheese and fish.
Video recipeRecipe for mushrooms on the grill in marinade with mayonnaise Video recipe: Recipe for mushrooms on the grill in marinade with mayonnaise
Important! This recipe can be adapted for cooking at home, in the oven. To do this, mushrooms need to be laid out on a wire rack in the oven, heated to 180 ° C. Place a baking sheet under the wire rack so that the marinade flows into it. Then bake until cooked, about 20–25 minutes
Now you know how to please friends with delicious mushrooms cooked in a special way - on the grill. This appetizer will perfectly complement your table and will become a pleasant highlight for the summer barbecue.