The fruits of walnut are extremely nutritious and satisfying. It is difficult to find a person who would not enjoy such a snack. Typically, this product is eaten pre-fried. In order for the nuts to be not only tasty, but also as useful as possible for the whole body, you need to know the properties of the ingredient, cooking options, as well as some secrets.
Is it possible to fry
Roasted nuts differ from raw nuts in a greasy texture, and they also taste more crispy. It is preferable to use peeled fruits due to the fact that the shell is quite difficult to remove, however, if you leave it, the product will retain a more natural and pronounced nutty flavor. The fried walnut kernels are in the recipes for some dishes, halva, sweets, cakes and other desserts.
Did you know? Walnuts can replace meat for vegetarians due to easier absorption of protein, which can not be said about legumes.
BBJ Roasted Nuts
Roasted walnut has a high nutritional value and retains a large number of vitamins, such as: A, B1, B2, B5, B6, B9, C, K, H and PP.
100 g of product contain:
- proteins - 13.1 g;
- fats - 55.2 g;
- carbohydrates - 8.7 g;
- kilocalories - 583.2.
However, during the frying process, some of the useful elements disappear.To minimize losses, the heat treatment process must be monitored. For this purpose, it is recommended to fry the product over medium or low heat.
Removing the shell before roasting
First, rinse the main ingredient with warm running water or boiling water. In order to peel nuts, you can choose one of the following methods:
- bag and hammer;
- nut cracker;
Never use teeth for this. All methods are approximately the same in complexity. To clean the kernels from shells, it is also advised to fry them in a pan or bake in an oven.
Important! Instead of a nut cracker, you can use pliers, pliers, a gas key or a crush for garlic.
Ways to Roast Nuts
There are not so many ways to fry walnuts - there are only three, each of which will be discussed in more detail later. After the fruits are peeled, it is necessary to thoroughly rinse the kernels under warm running water, leave for a short time in the sink so that the glass is excess moisture, and then dry with paper towels.
Nuts contain enough oil for frying - there is no need to use a non-stick spray, vegetable or butter. To make walnuts well roasted, it is better to cut them in half or four parts. These methods are also suitable for making peanuts, hazelnuts, pistachios, pine nuts and cashews.Walnut helps to improve brain activity.People whose work is associated with constant mental stress, it is recommended to include it in the diet.
In the oven
After the product has been cleaned, it remains to cook it. Procedure:
- Prepare a baking sheet with non-stick paper, evenly spread nuts on it in one layer.
- Preheat the oven to + 180 ° C.
- Leave them to brown until brown - this will take about 5-10 minutes.
- Pull out a baking sheet, mix its filling with a wooden spoon. Cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, let them cool, and then grate the kernels between the palms slightly - an easy way to clean them from husks.
- The dish is ready.
The product can be left in a heat-resistant bowl until it cools completely. The ideal temperature for use is considered room temperature.
In the microwave
This method is the most optimal - cooking takes a little more than 2 minutes, while not constantly stirring.
Important! In order not to miss the moment of readiness, it is better to try the product more often, since heating begins from the inside.
It is prepared in the following sequence:
- Nuts are put in a bowl designed for microwave. The bottom should be covered with peeled kernels in at least one layer without gaps.
- Microwave for one minute. Using a heat-resistant spatula, mix the product and make sure that it is not burnt.
- Send them for another minute in the microwave.
- When a pleasant nutty aroma appears - the delicacy is ready.
- Before serving, allow to cool slightly.
Video: roasting walnuts in the microwave
In the pan
In order to properly fry a walnut in a pan, you must adhere to the following instructions:
- The pan must be heated on medium or low flame. Pour nuts there.
- Frequent stirring will help to cook the kernels evenly.
- After about 5 minutes they will turn brown - this is the main sign of readiness.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a heat-protective container until it cools completely.
The finished product is suitable not only for a healthy snack, but also as a treat for guests or an unusual note in the prepared meal.