Symptoms of chanterelle mushroom poisoning
Many mushroom pickers are interested in how to distinguish false chanterelles and poisonous counterparts from edible mushrooms. Below you will find a detailed description of the prevention of poisoning, as well as its signs, treatment and possible consequences.
Mushrooms are a unique product rich in vitamins and minerals. At the same time, the gifts of the forest carry the danger of poisoning due to the fact that they have many species and varieties. Not every person is able to distinguish a healthy mushroom from a health hazard. It is also important to remember that this product is difficult to digest in the human stomach, which means that overeating can cause discomfort.
Did you know? An unusual mushroom of an unknown species was found in Yunnan Province of China. The diameter of his hat, covered with many small pimples, reached 1 m, and weight - 15 kg.
Common causes of poisoning include the inability to distinguish between poisonous fruiting bodies and edible, violation of the technology of cooking dishes from this product. In old mushrooms, which were cut for a long time, destructive processes begin to develop. As a result, there is a breakdown of proteins that are contained in mushrooms, which is detrimental to the human body.
- In order to protect yourself from poisoning with chanterelles, it is important to adhere to certain rules:
- Be sure to choose only edible species. It is necessary to carefully examine the appearance before putting the cut copy in the basket. Also, you must not allow the poisonous mushroom to be near the edible.
- Collect only intact mushrooms. Do not cut worms or warped specimens.
- You can not try this product in its raw form.
- No need to pick mushrooms near enterprises and along roads.
- Do not store long after the cut, but cook immediately.
- Before cooking, it is recommended to boil the mushrooms. The broth cannot be used for subsequent cooking.
- If you went to the forest with children, do not leave them unattended and watch what kind of mushrooms they collect.
Did you know? The largest mushroom in the world is Armillaria solidipes. Its length is 3.8 km, weight reaches 35 thousand tons.
False Chanterelles and Poison Doubles
Chanterelles belong to one of the most useful types of mushrooms. They contain a large amount of carotene, vitamin C and polysaccharides. They favorably affect the functioning of the liver, and also remove radioactive nuclides from the body.
Unfortunately, the described mushrooms have their conditionally edible double. It is called "false chanterelles" or "orange talkers." The species are similar only in appearance. With proper preparation, a false mushroom can be eaten, it will not cause harm, but there will also be no benefit. In addition, they have a rather unpleasant smell and taste.
Both species of chanterelles grow in coniferous and mixed forests. False beetles can be found on old fallen trees, they can grow one by one. They have a bright color: orange or orange with a brown tint. At the same time, the hat necessarily has a tone that is lighter at the edges and a velvety surface structure.
This fox has a hat of irregular shape, with wavy edges. The foot of the false specimen is thinner, dark at the bottom and has no narrowing. Edible mushroom has a thick leg, which does not differ in color from the hat. There is also a difference in disputes: in conditionally edible chanterelles they are white, in edible chanterelles they are yellow.
It is important to remember that wormy, edible chanterelles cannot exist. This is due to the fact that they contain chitinmannosis, which has an anthelmintic effect.In this regard, harmful microorganisms do not survive in fungi, and the chanterelle itself can grow for a very long time.
Before you start collecting chanterelles, it is important to remember the distinguishing features of false doubles from edible ones. An experienced mushroom picker will do this easily, but lovers should be more attentive.
Is it possible to poison
This species of forest representatives has useful properties, excellent taste and is quite safe to eat.
- Unfortunately, chanterelles can cause intoxication for a number of reasons:
- If a double gets into the basket with the chanterelles. Edible mushrooms are able to absorb harmful trace elements, losing their positive properties.
- In case mushrooms were purchased from a random seller. You can not be completely sure of the quality of such chanterelles.
- If incorrect processing has been performed. Before starting to cook chanterelles, it is necessary to sort out, thoroughly wash, inspect and cut the deformed areas.
- It is important to know where to pick mushrooms. It is necessary to do this in a clear forest, far from roads and industrial zones, factories, landfills and cemeteries.
The mushroom can lead to poisoning in the finished form, if it is “stale” or spoiled. In it, harmful bacteria begin to develop, which will negatively affect human health if you absorb such food.
Important! It should be remembered that this product is forbidden to eat for people who have allergies. This will inevitably lead to the development of poisoning and can have quite serious consequences.
Signs of Poisoning
Most often, poisoning by the fungi of the chanterelle family is insignificant or medium.
The main signs are distinguished:
- Dizziness, tinnitus, and headache may occur.
- There are signs of heaviness and discomfort in the stomach. Pain may be present in the navel area.
- Over time, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea appears.
- Body temperature rises.
- Thirst is observed and dries up in the mouth.
These signs are accompanied by a mild form of poisoning.. It is important not to self-medicate and seek help from a qualified professional.
This is especially important if intoxication is observed in children, pregnant women and the elderly. They suffer the consequences of poisoning much harder, can have complications or even death.
In this case, it is important to call an ambulance immediately. Every minute can cost a person health or even life.
If poisoning occurs with fried, expired salted or pickled chanterelles, the following symptoms may occur:
- Dizziness and headache. Sight and hearing may be impaired.
- A person has a feeling of lack of air, a heartbeat becomes faster, pressure drops.
- Numbness of the limbs or partial loss of mobility appears.
- Body temperature rises. Convulsions and fainting may begin.
- In the stomach there is a sharp pain.
If signs of mushroom poisoning were detected, immediate measures should be taken to eliminate intoxication.
It is recommended to adhere to the following algorithm of actions during first aid:
- Call an ambulance. If this is not possible, try to get to the nearest medical facility as soon as possible. Describe the symptoms of poisoning right away so you can be helped more quickly.
- Keep bed rest. Poisonous mushrooms are very toxic, which greatly weakens the body. It will be difficult to regain strength without a good rest.
- Drink plenty of water. This will help clear the stomach and restore water balance. This is especially important for diarrhea and vomiting, due to which the necessary level of fluid in the tissues is lost. In addition to water, you can drink chilled herbal teas and a light solution of potassium permanganate.
- Drink Enterosorbents. This is an old but effective method in which toxins bind and are eliminated from the body. For this, “Activated carbon”, “White coal”, “Smecta”, etc. are suitable.
Sometimes, with poisoning, the patient may not experience the urge to vomit or diarrhea. This means that the body does not give the proper “response” to toxins, which only leads to aggravation of intoxication. Therefore, you should take a laxative or an enema to empty the intestines.
You can poison yourself with mushrooms to varying degrees.
If the body is in serious condition, then serious measures are taken, in particular:
- blood transfusion;
- injecting glucose with insulin.
If the poisoning is mild, then symptomatic treatment is used. So, in case of respiratory failure and elevated body temperature, Atropine is administered subcutaneously and given Ibuprofen or Paracetamol. With severe diarrhea or vomiting, in which there is dehydration, appoint a reception of "Regidron" and "Oralit".
It is necessary to follow a diet in which it is forbidden to eat fried, spicy, fatty and smoked foods. Food should be steamed or cooked. If you seek the help of a doctor in time, then improvement can occur after 1-2 days.
The main danger is improper treatment. The poison causes severe intoxication of the body, which can lead to a protracted recovery process - up to one month. Only after irreversible consequences, on the third day, severe pain can begin and internal organs fail. Often, a patient dies from necrosis of liver tissue.
With a mild form of intoxication, dehydration occurs. Because of this, the normal operation of all systems in the body is disrupted. Therefore, it is important to compensate for the lack of fluid and take treatment in a timely manner.
Important! The effect of toxins is due to the effect on the human nervous system, because of which paralysis of vital organs can develop. Also, the danger lies in the fact that the symptoms of poisoning do not always appear immediately.
After reading the article to the end, you learned whether it is possible to poison with mushrooms. Now you know how to distinguish edible healthy mushrooms from false chanterelles and poisonous doubles.