Korean Oyster Mushroom Recipe
Simple oyster mushrooms can be a surprisingly delicious side dish or snack. These small mushrooms with tender flesh, seasoned with butter, salt and black pepper, will be a great addition to pasta, rice, sandwiches, baked meat. A detailed recipe on how to cook Korean oyster mushrooms at home, read on in the article.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
Oyster mushrooms are edible mushrooms. If you plan to collect them in the forest, be sure to pay attention to hardwood (oak, maple, aspen, elm): these mushrooms bear fruit along the trunk of the tree. They are easy to grow even at home, so they are sold in vegetable stores from spring to late autumn.
The Latin name for oyster mushrooms - Pleurotus ostreatus, is translated as “lateral oyster”, which reflects the shape of this fungus.
They are combined with meat products and vegetables (bell peppers, potatoes, carrots), so they are equally good in Korean salads, classic mushroom soups and as a separate snack. They can be boiled, marinated or fried.
They do not need special processing - just cut off the stiff end of the stem, on which a bunch of mushrooms is attached, and disconnect them. And then wash under running water, laying on a colander.
Important! Oyster mushrooms reduce the level of "bad cholesterol" by stimulating receptors in the liver to remove it from the body.
Korean Oyster Mushroom Salad Recipe
1 kg20 min.
3 tbsp. l
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Boil 3 l of water in a saucepan to boil the mushrooms. Add salt.
- Separate the legs of oyster mushroom. Separate them among themselves. Rinse under running water.
- Pour prepared mushrooms into boiling water. Boil for 10 minutes. At the end of cooking, lay in a colander and let water drain.
- Cut the onion into half rings.
- Slice bell pepper.
- Prepare the marinade by mixing sunflower oil and vinegar. Squeeze the garlic into it. Add sugar and salt, stir.
- Finely chop a bunch of greens.
- Combine onions, peppers, herbs and mushrooms. Stir and let soak in the marinade at room temperature for 12 hours.
- Serve to the table, sprinkled with herbs.
Korean Oyster Mushroom Salad RecipeVideo Recipe: Korean Oyster Mushroom Salad Recipe
Unlike other forest mushrooms, which give the food an intense meaty taste and have a strong texture, oyster mushrooms are very tender and cook quickly. Therefore, they become an excellent choice for fast food, application in hot snacks and simple soups. When you are running out of time, be sure to include oyster mushroom dishes in your diet.