Recipe for pickling
Ridovaki is the generalized name for varieties of edible and inedible mushrooms. Edible species include: gray rowan, poplar, violet, massive and yellow. They grow mainly in mixed and coniferous forests. The peak yield occurs at the end of summer - the beginning of autumn. The rowers are very tasty, nutritious and great for pickling for the winter. Nevertheless, many mushroom pickers do not risk collecting them, being afraid to confuse them with poisonous varieties.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
The ingredients that are required for the preparation of homemade pickles must be correctly selected and prepared. For salting, it is better to choose a poplar row or purple.After collecting the mushrooms, they need to be carefully sorted, washed in a large amount of running water, while cleaning the dirt with a brush. Then it is necessary to soak in cold water for 12–36 hours.
Important! The main difference between edible rows and poisonous ones is the hat: for false mushrooms it has an ideally even shape and solid white color, while for edible species the hat is slightly convex on top and is colored in different shades from whitish and gray to purple. In addition, poisonous ranovok emit a characteristic pungent odor.
Salt rowing can be in two ways:
- hot. The mushrooms salted by the hot method are hard and crunchy. After salting, mushrooms can be eaten in 2-3 weeks. They can be served as snacks, they also go well with cooked potato dishes. Such blanks are stored only in the refrigerator;
- cold. Many housewives prefer cold pickling, because the rowings cooked in this way are especially tasty. In addition, salty, juicy mushrooms will be completely ready within a week after salting. Salads can be prepared from them, added to main dishes and snacks. So that the mushroom ingredients do not change their natural color during cooking, you can add a little citric acid. To give the rows a spicy taste, you can flavor them with aromatic spices: leaves of currant and cherry, basil, horseradish and garlic. Ready pickles are stored in a rather cool, but not damp room at a temperature not exceeding + 10 ° C.
0.5 L45 min.
ground black pepper
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- One kilogram of washed and peeled mushrooms pour two liters of water. Pour salt into the pan and cook for 30 minutes.
- Thoroughly rinse boiled rows under running water.
- Chop the garlic into small pieces.
- In a separate container, mix 20 g of salt with an incomplete teaspoon of pepper.
- Lay mushrooms on the bottom of the jar. Sprinkle each layer with a mixture of salt and pepper. Add garlic on top.
- Lay out two bay leaves on the sides of the cans around the mushrooms.
- Put the jar in the refrigerator.As a container, you can also use a plastic container. In this case, you need to put a lid on the top layer of mushrooms and put a glass of water on it.
- After salting, close the container tightly with a lid and store in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
Video recipeHot saltingVideo recipe: Hot salting
Important! Mushrooms are salted out under the press better than in a glass container closed with a lid.
1.5 l. 45 min.
ground black pepper
1 tbsp. l
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Pour the peeled mushrooms into a pan, add citric acid, add water and put to boil for half an hour.
- Then distribute at the bottom of the glass jar so that the caps look down. The layer of mushrooms should not be more than five centimeters. For salting, only glass and enamel containers are suitable.
- Grind horseradish in a separate container. Add salt, basil, parsley leaves and dill branches. Mix.
- Sprinkle each layer of mushrooms with cooked spices.
- Lay out laurel leaves on the edges of the mushroom layers.
- Place a saucer on the top layer and put a load on top, for example, a bottle of water.
- Three days later, pour jars of chilled boiled water, cork with lids and put into storage.
Whole, neat salty mushrooms can be served at the festive table or to diversify the usual, everyday menu. They are prepared in the form of snacks, added to main dishes, salads and side dishes. Salt rowing is quite simple. The technology for preparing winter blanks involves two methods: cold and hot. Hot salting, unlike cold, is a longer process and takes about three weeks.Hot pickles are stored in the refrigerator.
Did you know? Scientists have proved the fact that mushrooms existed on the planet long before the advent of the dinosaurs.
The time of their full preparation takes more than two weeks. Cold-salted mushrooms should be stored in a cool place, such as a basement. Serve them to the table will be possible in a week. The mushrooms are very tasty, healthy and nutritious mushrooms, but they must be collected very carefully in the forest, as this species can be easily confused with poisonous varieties. An equally important stage of salting is the proper processing and preparation of mushrooms.