How much boil mushrooms should be cooked before frying and freezing
Fresh mushrooms, whether honey mushrooms or any others, are condensed during cooking and acquire a more rich taste and aroma. During heat treatment, they release most of the moisture that they have. The result is a product with a perfect soft texture that is suitable for soups and popular sauces. Read more about how much and how to boil mushrooms properly until fully cooked - read in the material.
Fresh honey mushrooms have a slightly contaminated forest debris surface.. It can be atmospheric dust, dirt, meadow leaves, moss. Take a paper towel and gently wipe away any dirt. In lamellar species, hat contamination can be brushed off with a soft brush. Then they need to be sorted out, old ones removed, with signs of rot or damage by insects, put in a colander and rinsed with running water.
Important! It is impossible to wash off dirt by soaking in water. Due to the porous texture, the mushroom absorbs dirty liquid and turns into a deformed mass with a mandatory smack of dirt.
Mushrooms include chitin. This is the same dense substance that is contained in the shells of crustaceans, so it is advisable to remove the lower part of the leg due to its stiffness. And for those who have digestive problems, it is recommended to use only hats as food, since they are easier to carry by the stomach.
Mushrooms are cooked, solving several culinary problems:
- cook for salad;
- prepare for salting or pickling;
- to freeze for the winter;
- process before frying.
Cooking time will depend on what kind of mushrooms. And their full readiness can be seen by visual signs: boiled sink and sink to the bottom.
Honey mushrooms can be boiled whole or cut. The larger the piece, the more time will be needed to prepare it. Boil honey mushrooms in salted water and add seasonings or fresh herbs to give the dish the desired taste and smell. The resulting salty mushroom broth is then drained and used to make hearty winter soups or sauces.
How much to cook mushrooms
Mushrooms are laid as soon as the water heats up to + 100 ° C and begins to boil. It takes about 45 minutes to boil 300-500 g of medium mushrooms. Cooked, they darken and soften, although they retain their correct texture. Dried mushrooms can also be boiled. Before boiling, they need to be soaked in warm water to make them more pliable. In the process of processing, boiled mushrooms acquire a rather velvety texture and good aroma. Digest them not worth it.
The conventional cooking process can be divided into 2 stages:
- On the first Bring water to a boil with salt, black pepper and bay leaf. The stage lasts until the liquid boils. The time spent depends on the volume of water and whether a slightly hot flame is underneath.
- On the second stage, the purified prepared portion of the mushrooms is placed in a boiling brine with spices. Cooking time depends on the size of the pieces and the density of the mushrooms. All this can take from 25 to 45 minutes.
Important! Boiling mushrooms in a pan is accompanied by copious foaming. It must be removed with a slotted spoon. And the contents are stirred from time to time so that the lower layer of mushrooms does not burn.
Some housewives change the water in the middle of boiling and spend it in 2 stages. But more often this method is left for conditionally edible mushrooms, which contain bitterness. Then the water is changed after it “draws out” part of the bitterness. Boiling time will vary, since spring, summer and autumn mushrooms are bitter not the same.
Please note that in addition to cooking, there is blanching. This is the treatment of mushrooms with boiling water before further use. For this, a solution is prepared at the rate of: 10 g of salt per 1 liter of water. Bring to a boil and immerse the mushrooms in it. The purpose of blanching is to sterilize the surface from microorganisms.
Time of processing:
- 6 minutes - for edible mushrooms and honey mushrooms;
- 20 minutes - for conditionally edible mushrooms.
It is recommended to freeze already prepared semi-finished products, so that in winter the frozen mushrooms could only be removed, thawed and consumed. The recipe for boiled mushrooms is simple.
Did you know? He received his name of honey agarics at the place where he most often occurs, — on stumps and fallen trees. At the same time, summer mushrooms are found on old wood, and autumn — on live.
You need to know just a few simple conditions and have a minimum of ingredients:
- Choose a pot for cooking that matches the amount of mushrooms.
- Pour water into it and bring to a boil. The amount of water depends on the amount of mushrooms. Water should rise above them by about 4 cm.
- Adding salt not only helps to add flavor, but also increases the temperature of the water and speeds up boiling, so add it immediately after boiling. Norm: 10–20 g per 1 liter.
- Black pepper, combining with saline, complements and improves the taste. He is put in the middle of the process.
- Bay leaf - an invariable component of brines. Do not forget to put it in a decoction. Norm: 3 pcs. for 2 liters
- Boil the mushrooms until cooked. At the beginning of cooking, they rise to the surface. Ready will begin to sink to the bottom. This will be a signal to the end of cooking.
- Put in a colander. The liquid should drain, and the finished boiled mushrooms can be frozen.
Video: How to freeze honey mushrooms for the winter
If you intend to fry the semi-finished product in the future, then the cooking time can be reduced by about 10 minutes.
Important! Honey mushrooms need to be processed on the day of collection, as they will turn black during storage.
The algorithm is as follows:
- When the brine began to boil, and you put mushrooms in it, reduce the heat to medium - about + 130 ° C.
- Cook for 30 minutes. Do not cover to prevent steam from escaping.
- Now honey mushrooms can be thrown into a colander, and then put in a frying pan for roasting.
- Remember to add salt, pepper, and your favorite seasonings. Mushrooms will release moisture in the process, and you need it to evaporate.
- The finished product can be frozen or served with another dish, such as scrambled eggs.
If you were freezing raw honey mushrooms and are now going to boil them, then remove the container with the semi-finished product from the freezer and place it on the shelf of the refrigerator for 6 hours. This will allow the product to thaw naturally, in which its structure does not suffer from a sudden temperature drop. Subsequently, the mushrooms are boiled in the same way as fresh ones.
If honey mushrooms will be thermally processed, then in some sources they are recommended not to defrost, but to fry or boil immediately. In this case, all the liquid released will be removed in the process. When frying, the product will be ready if the mushrooms have decreased in size and darkened to a brown tint.
Cooking time depends on the size, age and intensity of the flame under the pan. In order for all products to be ready at the same time, make it one-dimensional by cutting large specimens into pieces equal in size to small whole mushrooms. Or sort in advance and first boil large, and then small, so that the flesh of all the mushrooms is equally soft.
How to cook
Boiled honey mushrooms are great for eating as an independent dish, they are used as a component of other dishes. Boiling them is very simple. To do this, you just need the mushrooms themselves, some water and, of course, spices. Add all the ingredients except honey mushrooms to the pan and bring to a boil. Peel the mushrooms and put them in boiling water. Remove the foam and wait until they are ready.After that, turn off the fire and trace them. Cooking time - no more than 50 minutes.
To make mushroom sauce you will need: 200 g of boiled mushrooms, 2 cloves of garlic, onions, 200 ml of thick cream, salt and pepper to taste. Onions and garlic are pre-crushed, fried in butter for 5-7 minutes. Then boiled mushrooms are added and stewed for another 10 minutes, salt, pepper and pour cream. Bring over low heat until boiling sauce. Then they are removed from the heat and served with meat.
Did you know? If you cook several types of mushrooms in one pan, then the mushroom broth will turn out to be more saturated and tasty.
If you cook a casserole with mushroomsthen take 500 g honey mushrooms, 500 g pasta, 1 onion, 200 g cheese, 50 g butter, 300 g sour cream, a bunch of parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Boil the pasta. At the same time you need to fry the mushrooms. Then mix the ingredients, season with sour cream and spices and bake in the oven.
In any form, mushrooms will be useful to the body and will certainly find application in the traditional dishes of your cuisine: soups, salads, pies, julienne, scrambled eggs, various types of roasts, hot and cold snacks.